The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. -Gandhi
2018 OCTOBER VOLUNTEERS & DONATIONS NEEDED
KHSCD Giving Tree Drive -This 4th annual event brings joy to KHSCD students in need. Staff, KHSCD parents, and community members are encouraged to come to KHSCD to take an ornament off our tree which represents a KHSCD student’s “3 wants and 1 need.” Last year, we had 47 students. The programs brings joy to the student and some financial relief to their parent/guardian during the winter holiday season. The event will be advertised soon so that people know when to come in to pick their child Parent volunteers to assist with the program logistics would be much appreciated in ensuring it’s a success! Sign Up
Sustaining your support!
- Our Care Depot will be collecting donations: deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, feminine hygiene products, laundry detergent and dish soap. Please ship to Student Services in care of Jessica Martz. More information: email@example.com LINK
- Don’t forget to please use AmazonSMILE and link to “PTA North Carolina Congress dba Knightdale High School PTSA. AmazonSMILE is a great way of sending in Care Depot donation!
- Join the PTSA! LINK
- Join the Knights of the Roundtable with a tax deductible donation and support future events including Teacher Appreciation Week and Academic Recognition nights. LINKS
- Support our KSHSCD Athletic Boosters by volunteering for JV and Varsity football concessions. LINK
Connect your Lowes Card to KHSCD https://rewards.lowesfoods.com/ Lowes funds will go directly to our KHSCD Benevolent Fund through student services. This fund gives Student Services the ability to discretely purchase items needed for success on behalf of our economically disadvantaged students.
Link your Harris Teeter VIC cardhttp://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/tie.aspx
Amazon Smile Support KHSCD PTSA and shop amazon through smile.amazon
VOLUNTEER NEEDED to TRACK DOWN CORPORATE MATCHING GRANTS: Looking for a parent interested in helping us take advantage of matching corporate sponsors. At this time we know that Kohl’s, SAS, and Verizon have programs where if an employee volunteers at a school for a specific number of hours the corporation then supports the school with $500-750! We are very interested in working with parents and pursing some of this grant money! Please let us know if you are interested in this sort of after hours detective work.
2017 VOLUNTEERS/DONATIONS FULFILLED!
- Campus Beautification/Volunteer Wednesday, August 23rd (8-11:30am, w/ teachers)
- Faculty Tailgate East Wake @ HOME Friday, August 18 (5-7pm, Commons/Cafeteria) Volunteers and donations are needed. SIGN UP LINK 200+Faculty and family!
- Senior Parade Monday, August 28th – 7:05 am/ Senior Breakfast 7:45am INFO VOLUNTEER/DONATE LINK
- JV Football Concessions vs. Sanderson Thursday, August 24th (5:30-9pm) PTSA earns $125 for our budget for every JV Concessions we work. Volunteers needed! SIGN UP LINK Raised $125 for PTSA
- Mr. Kolberstein’s DONOR’s CHOOSE for AP Statistics Books.
- Homecoming Dance – 300 Students – Food Donations SIGN UP/ Parent Volunteers SIGN UP
- NEXT YEAR in 2018! ENDED IN OCTOBER! (Give to KHSCD while purchasing on-line STATE FAIR tickets by using the WCPSS Etix page. KHSCD code is 466! With your purchase, we receive $2 for each adult admission ticket you purchase, and $1 for each child ticket you purchase. )
- 9/28 JV Football Concessions vs. Enloe (Sept 14. game rescheduled.)
- 10/5 JV Football Concessions vs. Wake Forest
- 10/12 JV Football Concessions vs. Rolesville
- 10/26 JV Football Concessions vs. Corinth Holders
- 11/20 Academic Recognition Night and Fall Care Depot Campaign!
- Ms. Fulbright’s Donors Choose for AP Language and AP Seminar Library!
- Donate to the Wonderland Dance Concessions. LINK
- Send in donations for KHSCD Care Depot! Student services works in conjunction with Back Pack Buddies and other local non-profits to sustain a food pantry and provide school supplies for our KHSCD families that are most in need. At this time we are in need of hygiene products and toilet paper- LINK. For more information go to LINK on Student Services. Amazon link to specific items that can be sent to KHSCD.
- OCTOBER VOLUNTEERS AND DONATIONS NEEDED
CARE DEPOT – Is an opportunity for our community to provide for our high school students in need! Donations can be ordered on-line and delivered to KHSCD Student Services c/o Jessica, or brought to any PTSA sponsored event. For more information Email Jessica or PTSA parent, Glenda Brooks: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. PLEASE DONATE: toilet paper single wrapped or 4 pack, scissors, laundry detergent, dish detergent, bleach, maxi pads (maximum absorbency), toothpaste, culturally diverse shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, and paper towels. Amazon Wishlist LINK
- PTSA Winter Appreciation for our Teacher Members – We want to celebrate our PTSA Teacher members by kicking off 2nd semester with small, yummy, goodie bags. Please bring donations to Academic Recognition Night for bag assembly. SIGN UP.
- Saturday, April 28th AP Practice Test Snacks & Lunch – Food Donations SIGN UP
- Monday, April 23-27 Quail Ridge Book Fair Parent – Volunteer SIGN UP
- Tuesday, May 8 NC Museum of Art – Volunteer Chaperones SIGN UP
- Monday, May 7-11 Teacher Appreciation Week – Volunteer & Donations SIGN UP
- Saturday, May 19th – EOG/EOG Study Session – Send in drinks, cookies, doughnuts, crackers, and chips. Last year 105 students participated!
- May 25 – Senior Spring Fling – Parent Volunteers Needed SIGN UP