DECEMBER 5, 2016
Parents, Teachers, and Students have you joined your PTSA? Support your academic “booster” club by JOINING HERE! Special thanks to all of the parents that supported their KNIGHTS at Academic Recognition Night, and took the time to learn from Mr. Joe Holt’s legacy as Raleigh City Schools Trailblazer.
Junior Parent kNight, Kate Davis, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org –Learn about the following: college information and representatives, Wake Tech College & Career Promise, Financial Aid, Testing Info SAT/ACT, Military – Army, Marines, National Guard, Study Skills, Career Development Thursday, December 15th, 2016, 6-8pm
KHSCD will host it’s 2nd. Annual “Giving Tree” Holiday Drive for KHSCD students in need over the holidays. Students who take part are assigned a number and the number is put on the ornament, for anonymity. KHSCD staff will select an ornament that represents a KHSCD student and buy for that student. Parents/Guardians, if you would like your child to be a recipient, forms are available in Student Services. Parent signature is required and the forms are due back no later than Thurs. Dec. 8 so that teachers have time to shop. Parents/Guardians are asked to pick up the gifts between 7am-3:30pm on Dec. 19-20. If you have questions, please call Student Services at 919-217-5400.
Connect with KHSCD Student Service’s REMIND to Follow Your Class and Support Academics!
The Student Services Department is asking that each student at KHSCD connect with us through our twitter account (@KHSCDCounselors) and also by joining your graduation year groups REMIND acct. Throughout the year there will be numerous times we need to share information with you.
KHSCD Parent Think Tank: Special thanks to the parents and faculty that participated in the December KHSCD Parent Think Tank. Attendance: Kimberly Pellon-Fennell, Swannie Manley, Amanda Coe, Hilda De Leon, Melise Mountcastle, Roshaunda Hicks, Sonya Columbus, Shontae Hogan, Shannon Hardy, Tipfanie Suitte, Lisa Bull, Karen Lawrence, Andy Vaglio Unable to Attend, but Hope to Attend Spring Think Tank: Mona Chevis, Brandy Givens Keatley, Josie Van Dyke, Glenda Brooks, Anne Marie Jones, Rolonda Keith, Dr. Argent Parent Think Tank Agenda/Notes
- PTSA Goal 1: Increase PTSA membership to improve parent knowledge and support of academics.
- PTSA Goal 2: Improve communication systems through Email and Student Services Class “REMIND.”
- PTSA Goal 3: Collaborate with administration to update clubs on KHSCD website.
What are POCKET POINTS? Pocket Points is a new mobile application that gives students rewards for not using their phones during class. SiKnightmply open the app on campus, lock your phone, and start gaining points. Points are then used at local and online businesses for awesome student discounts, coupons, or gifts!
Membership Drive – Karen Lawrence, email@example.com; Lisa Bulls; Amanda Coe
PTSA MONTHLY MEETINGS:
Monday, January 9th
- Jan 19th Faculty Luncheon Planning – Josie Van Dyke (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Joanne Levine (email@example.com)
- Feb 3 Basketball Concessions – Sonya Columbus (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Kimberley Fennell, Swannie Manley, Shannon Hardy (4 volunteers needed)
- PTSA T-shirt Delivery
Monday, Feb 6th
- Feb 15 (tentative) 2nd Quarter Academic Recognition Night – Shannon Hardy email@example.com)
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for 2 SCHOOL COMMITTEES:
- Media Technology Committee
- School Improvement Team
DATES TO REMEMBER – PTSA events & meetings
- Jan 19 Staff Winter Lunch – Josie & Glenda
- 1/9 PTSA meeting
- 2/3 Basketball Concessions 5-9pm
- 2/6 PTSA meeting
- 2/15 Academic Recognition Night – Winter/Second Quarter
- 3/6 PTSA meeting 6pm/ Parent Think Tank 6:30-7:30pm
- 4/3 PTSA meeting
- 5/1 Teacher appreciation week – Appreciation day 5/2
- 5/2 PTSA meeting – teacher appreciation week; do we want to change?
- 5/8 Academic Recognition Night – Spring/Third Quarter
- 6/5 PTSA meeting
DATES TO REMEMBER – Other
- 12/22-1/2 Winter Break
- 1/24 2nd quarter ends – report cards 2/3
- 3/29 3rd quarter ends – report cards 4/7
- 4/10-4/14 Spring Break
- 6/9 Last day of school