January 23, 2018
Does it feel like the old Track Out Days? Five weeks vacation/snow days and ready to roll back in. Semester 2 kicks off Thursday, January 25.
- Monday, Jan 22
- Monday, Feb 19
- Thursday, Mar. 29
- Monday, June 11
“Freshman Reverse Interview Fair” postponed to February 2. Parents please join your freshman and bring your creative, connected, savvy professional friends! Freshman principal Mr. Nick Taylor has already recruited 100 leaders and is seeking 100 more outstanding career-minded adults to mentor our children on the morning of Friday, February 2, 9-10:30am Reverse Career Fair Interest Form Please dig through your LinkedIN, neighbors, colleagues, and intellectuals from church to sports. This is an opportunity to create interest in the extraordinary capacity of our students while exposing our freshman to the many cutting edge opportunities here in the Triangle! Ntaylor4@wcpss.net, 919-217-5350. MORE INFO
Quarter 2 Academic Recognition Night (ARN) is Monday, Feb. 5 @ 6:30pm. Keynote: Dr. MariaRosa Rangel, Board Chair of the NC Society of Hispanic Professionals and WCPSS Family and Community Engagement, Senior Administrator. Honor roll students should arrive by 6pm to check-in and get registered for door prizes. We will be receiving yummy, fun donations for our PTSA Teacher Goody Bags (SIGN UP) and Care Depot is in need of deodorant, shampoos, conditioner, paper towels, laundry detergent, and dish soap.
Our next PTSA Meeting (2/5) will be held (briefly) in the Media Center at 5:30pm before Academic Recognition Night. We will divide into smaller teams to work PTSA table, Care Depot collections, make Goody Bags, and organize ARN.
IMPORTANT DONATIONS NEEDED:
- Our Care Depot will be collecting donations: deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, paper towels, laundry detergent and dish soap. Please ship to Student Services in care of Jessica Martz or bring to Academic Recognition Night 2/5.
- PTSA Appreciation for our Teacher Members – We want to celebrate our PTSA Teacher members by kicking off 2nd semester with small, yummy, goodie bags. Please bring donations to Academic Recognition Night for bag assembly. SIGN UP.
- Don’t forget to please use AmazonSMILE and link to “PTA North Carolina Congress dba Knightdale High School PTSA. AmazonSMILE is a great way of sending in Care Depot donation!
STUDENT SERVICES (Dates TBA due to snow.):
- Jan. 25th- second semester begins. All students will be provided new schedules during homeroom. Schedule corrections will take place during lunch only Jan. 22-Jan. 29
- ACT Presentation for Juniors – All Juniors will be provided some key information on the upcoming ACT during last half of either 1st, 2nd, 3rd period.
- Beginning of Human Trafficking Prevention/healthy relationships lesson with 9th graders *this is a county mandated lesson for all 9th grade students
- Jan. 27– ACT Bootcamp 9a-1p. Sign-up is located on KHSCD website. Open to Juniors first and then others. Students will be able to take a full length test in preparation for upcoming ACT
DATES TO REMEMBER – PTSA events & meetings 2017-2018 WCPSS School Calendar
- Weather Make Up Days
- 1/25 2nd Semester begins.
- 1/27 ACT Bootcamp – Juniors are priority. Space available to other grades after juniors.
- 2/5 PTSA Meeting 5:30-6pm (Brief – before Academic Recognition Night.)
- 2/5 Care Depot – Donation Drive
- 2/5 Academic Recognition Night 6:30pm
- 2/8 Junior Night 6:30pm
- 2/15 Senior Graduation Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- 2/22 Rising Freshman Curriculum Night (for current 8th graders)
- 2/24 ACT Bootcamp – Juniors are priority. Space available to other graders after juniors.
- 3/6 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center/Community Think Tank (6:30pm)
- 3/15 Senior Graduation Parent Meeting 9:30am
- 3/28 End of Quarter 3
- 3/29 Spring Break – Return 4/9
- 4/10 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 4/18 Senior Graduation Parent Meeting 9:30 am
- 4/19 Cap and Gown Delivery
- 4/23 Academic Recognition Night
- 5/7-18 AP Exams
- 5/9 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 5/8-12 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/15 Make Up Cap and Gown Delivery
- 5/17 Senior Awards 6:30pm
- 5/25 Senior Spring Fling
- 6/8 Last Day of School
- 6/13 PTSA Meeting 6pm Starbucks – Close the year and set new officers!