September 14, 2015
The TAILGATE is definitely a new KHSCD tradition! Special thanks to Karen Lawrence for organizing, and the plethora of parents and students that helped. We also love having our own private team of photographers (parents) Rich Levine and Glenn Gamayot! Thank you to Planters Walk HOA for letting us borrow 10 tables (and the Givens-Keatley team for getting them to us). A wonderful dinner party topped off with music from the KHSCD Marching Band, art by faculty children and grandchildren, and special help from Kohl’s volunteers along with a $500 donation to our PTSA!
PTSA General Meeting
- KHSCD Media Center
Agenda will include celebrating that KHSCD GRADUATION RATE at 88.8% which is higher than WCPSS and state average. According to Superintendent Merrill the “example to the rest of the district” (N&O) This was not a fluke or letting some extra kids pass. This was a carefully orchestrated program to target 80 seniors at risk. Our administration and faculty made clear that KHS expected more from them, and 79 stepped up to the plate!
Things to look for on PTSA September Agenda:
- Budget Audit
- Planning – November Academic Recognition Night.
- Fundraising: JV Concessions, Walnut Creek Concessions, Kohl’s, Sam’s Club Grant, Target Number
- Fall Spirit Night
- Special thanks to Josie Van Dyke and Vicky McCue for co-chairing the January luncheon for our faculty!
September 17 (6-7:30pm) Knightdale Chamber of Commerce and Knightdale Education Work Group are co-sponsoring “Knightdale Beyond a Test Score” at Knightdale High Auditorium.
September 20 (2-4:30pm) WCPSS College Fair for junior and senior parents. @ NC State McKimmon Center, 1101 Gorman Street. 100 colleges.
Give to KHSCD while purchasing on-line STATE FAIR tickets by using the WCPSS Etix page. KHSCD code is 466! With your purchase, we receive $2 for each adult admission ticket you purchase, and $1 for each child ticket you purchase.
WALNUT CREEK CONCESSIONS KHSCD Marching Band has invited PTSA to join them in working Walnut Creek concerts for concessions. Each PTSA parent volunteer is about $40 per concert to our PTSA. If five friends get together and work a concert it is $200 to our PTSA. KHS Band Association President, Alicia Stokes is coordinating. Parking is free. Volunteers must wear black pants or long black shorts and a black baseball hat. Details for volunteers and maps. For more specific details, please contact Alicia Stokes –firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are signing up please send Alicia your Email and phone number!
Rolonda, Karen, Melise, Shannon, Mona, Josie, Vicky, and Shannon
Dates to Remember:
- 9/14 September PTSA General Meeting
- 9/17 “Beyond a Test Score” Knightdale Schools 6-7:30pm, Knightdale High
- 9/20 College Fair, 2-4:30pm NCSU McKimmon Center
- 9/23 Teacher Workday
- 9/24 JV Football Concessions – PTSA Volunteers
- 10/5 October PTSA General Meeting
- 10/8 JV Football Concessions – PTSA Volunteers
- 10/16 Early Release Day
- 10/23 End of FIrst Quarter
- 10/26 Teacher Workday
- 11/2 November PTSA General Meeting
- 11/5 JV Football Concessions – PTSA Volunteers
- 11/11 Holiday – No School
- 11/16 Academic Recognition Night
- 12/7 December PTSA General Meeting