April 4, 2016
PTSA MEETING TONIGHT at 6pm in the Media Center.
- Recruiting new officers and committee members. Please click on this LINK and share your interests/talents in support of academics! Just 10 hours of your time would be a rich contribution to our growing parent community!
- Academic Recognition Night, Thursday, April 14th, 6:30pm. Speaker bios at LINK Please arrive no later than 6:15pm if your child wants to be included in the door prizes.
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK – Planning is in high gear.
- We need parent volunteers for a number of events throughout the week. SIGNUP
- GIFT CARDS – We want to give each of the faculty members (150) a gift card of at least $10. Please go to LINK to commit to either getting gift cards/certificates donated or purchasing on behalf of PTSA. SIGNUP
- A sign-up for food donations for a breakfast will come at a later time.
PROM SHOPPE NEXT WEEK! Students who are interested in shopping KHSCD Prom Shoppe should pick up a brief form in student services this week. This is open to all juniors and seniors, male and female, who will be attending prom. Parents who would like to donate new/gently used prom dresses, men’s dress shirts, and ties can do so at the front office or student services. Questions – email: JLMartz@wcpss.net
SENIOR PARENTS don’t forget the MANDATORY PARENT MEETING April 21st at 6pm (if you did not attend the first one). You must attend to get your 4 graduation tickets. Also if you have a chance read Ms. De Leon’s blog on our Class of 2016.
SENIOR FEES are past due (April 1st). Students can not join a team for Spring Fling, buy a prom ticket, or receive graduation tickets until this fee (and any other fees or fines) are paid. The cost is $40. Students can pay in person to Mrs. Wolf (1513) or Mrs. Pratt (1504).
SENIOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Senior Spring Fling (Friday, May 27 – Lunchtime) 10-12 parents to help serve lunch.
- Baccalaureate Service – 1-3 parents to help identify site and coordinate service for June 4th, 5th or 11th.
To volunteer reach out to SGA Advisor to Class of 2016, Jessica Wolf, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-217-5107 or Co-Advisor Tracey Pratt, email@example.com.
COURSE REGISTRATION: KHSCD Course Planning Guide LINK
SAVE THE DATES:
- April 21st Senior Parent Mandatory Meeting 6pm
- May 2 PTSA Meeting 6pm
- May 2-16. AP Exam Schedule LINK
- May 2-6 PTSA sponsored Teacher Appreciation Week
- June 6 PTSA Meeting – Induction of 2016-17 Leadership
- June 11th Graduation, 8am
- July (TBA) Summer PTSA Planning for 2016-17