Dear Parents, Students, and Faculty,
We have had a busy two months. The August Faculty Tailgate Party was great fun! The highlight was the marching band, flag team, and dance teams’ tribute show! Special thanks to Knightdale Eye Care, Dr. Tim Poirier, and Krispy Kreme for helping PTSA sponsor 36 dozen doughnuts for the Senior Breakfast! We also want to celebrate the leadership of Membership leader, Amanda Coe, and our treasurer, Mona Chevis – our membership and budget are already far beyond last year!
Our first Homecoming was a success! We had over 30 PTSA parents donate their time, drinks, and food. Special kudos to our fearless leader, SGA Advisor, Jessica Wolf, the entire administration, the entire coaching staff of the football team, and 10+ teacher chaperones! We had over 450 RSVP’s with over 300 students in attendance. SGA and Student Ambassadors did a marvelous job with check-in, decorations, setting up selfie table, corn hole, song list, and making sure classmates knew expectations. All had a good time, even the parents “dancing” in concessions! The students were forgiving even though the back up generator made the space way too bright! It is our hope that we can find 5 NEW Knights of the Roundtable to each make $100 donations as sponsors of a second semi-formal, winter “sweetheart” dance. PTSA made about $350 from concession sales. This helped to offset the $600 cost for DJ, security, and pizza.
Tonight (9/26) is Freshman/Sophomore kNight! 6-8pm with a large group session and 3/20 minute breakout sessions. Start in the auditorium. Encourage your friends to stop by the PTSA table and join. Also don’t forget to buy a PTSA t-shirt ($10). Student Services Coordinator – Freshman Advisor, Tasia Sanders. Phone: 919-217-5350. Email: email@example.com
JV Football Concessions Volunteers needed for this Thursday, Sept 28 SIGN UP Booster Club pays PTSA $125 for each game we contribute as volunteers. Tipfanie Suitte is lead, and needs 3-4 people to join her. firstname.lastname@example.org /6-8:30pm.
Next PTSA meeting, this Monday, October 2nd. 6pm, Media Center
- ADVOCACY GOAL – We will learn more about local and state funding for KHSCD, impact on administrative salaries, magnets competing with KHSCD, and future enrollment goals for KHSCD.
- ACADEMIC RECOGNITION NIGHT – (Nov. 20) Confirm speaker, collaborate with Student Ambassadors and faculty to create breakout sessions on curriculum.
- CARE DEPOT – Our November/December target is to broaden giving to our Care Depot. This is an opportunity for our community to provide for our high school students in need! Donations can be ordered on-line and delivered in her name to KHSCD Student Services c/o Jessica, or brought to any PTSA sponsored event. For more information Email Jessica or PTSA parent, Glenda Brooks: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DONATE: toilet paper single wrapped or 4 pack, scissors, laundry detergent, dish detergent, bleach, maxi pads (maximum absorbency), toothpaste, culturally diverse shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, and paper towels.
- FORM COMMITTEES – Winter Teacher Appreciation & “Sweetheart Dance”
- MEMBERSHIP/KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE – We will assess our membership drive for Aug/Sept, and determine if we met our goals with direct donations through the Knights of the Roundtable.
- BUYING STATE FAIR TICKETS ONLINE? Give to KHSCD while purchasing on-line STATE FAIR tickets by using the WCPSS Etix page. KHSCD code is 466! With your purchase, we receive $2 for each adult admission ticket you purchase, and $1 for each child ticket you purchase.
Please strengthen our community by joining us (on-line) with your membership, time, and talents!
Shannon Hardy, President