KHSCD PTSA MISSION
We build community, support academic excellence, and advocate for our teachers and children.
Monday Oct 2, Media Center 6pm KHSCD PTSA Meeting
Regrettably Absent: Kristin Poirier with daugher at Auburn,
KHSCD Leadership Team PTSA 2017-2018
- President – Shannon Hardy
- Co- Vice President – Josie Van Dyke
- Co-Vice President/Knights of the Roundtable – Gina Chambers
- Secretary – Judy Boone
- Treasurer – Mona Chevis
- Communication Director – Tipfanie Suitte
- Knights of the Roundtable – Kristin Poirier
- Membership – Amanda Coe
- School Improvement Team – Vicky McCue
- Care Depot – Glenda Brooks
- Advocacy – Lisa Bulls
- Winter Dance Chair (???)
- Winter Teacher Appreciation Chair (Members Only) – (???)
- Spring Teacher Appreciation Week – Chair (???)
ADVOCACY “Never doubt that a small group….change the world..” Margaret Mead
- Student Improvement Team (SIP) Report Vicky McCue
- Report 9/5, 9/11
- Upcoming Meetings 10/2, 10/17
- Advocacy – (Shannon/Lisa) Enrollment Appeals, High Poverty, Magnet Status
- Membership Report – Amanda Coe
- Upcoming Tabling Events?
- NC PTSA Member Master List
TREASURER’S REPORT 10/2017 Balance ($4155.55 9/5/17)
- Budget LINK (Mona)
- Knights of the Roundtable (Gina and Kristin) – Members
- NC State Fair Tickets – Knightdale’s code 466
- AmazonSmile – “PTA North Carolina Congress dba Knightdale High School PTSA” LINK
- Audit Committee Review books 5:45-6pm (Mona, Josie, Gina, Amanda, Glenda)
- Upcoming JV Concessions Fundraising SIGN UP LINK
- 10/5 JV Football Concessions vs. Wake Forest – Mona Chevis, Tipfanie Suitte, Gina Chambers, Vicky McCue, and Lucy Beam
- 10/12 JV Football Concessions vs. Rolesville – Renee Rader, Syrana Perkins
- 10/26 JV Football Concessions vs. Corinth Holders – Mona Chevis, Renee Rader
- DJ $350
- Security contribution $150 of $210 cost.
- Custodial staff got leave time.
- Concessions earned about $350
- More sodas less water
- Pizza $1 slice a hit (10 pizzas rather than 14)
- Less food, no ice cream. Although faculty liked Klondikes so a treat for them!
- Walk around and offer volunteers drinks every 45 min or so. Especially DJ!
- 4 Volunteers in Concessions is good.
- 1 Volunteer working trash throughout night was awesome!
- 10 Faculty were excellent – including outside.
- Location in gym…dimmer lighting.
- Corn Hole!!! More tailgate games.
- Check in RSVP worked well. Powerschool took a long time. Kids will learn to RSVP first!
SWEETHEART DANCE IN JAN/FEB
- Budget have room for a second $500?
- Wake PTSA Member Hub and Communications Sign UP
- Reflections? “Within Reach” 5 submissions due 10/31 LINK
- Host Wake PTA Board at Knightdale – ???
CARE DEPOT LINK on Student Services – Glenda Brooks
ACADEMIC RECOGNITION NIGHTS LINK
Theme: “ORIGINALS: How nonconformists run the world.”
- Care Depot donations- Glenda Brooks with Jessica Martz
- Student Ambassadors Host (Donate Pizza?)
- Name called to come forward/no certificates given
- Raffle door prizes for anyone present – not just honor students
- REMIND/Robo-call Sunday before.
- Membership/Knights of Roundtable
- CONNECT – Powerschool, REMIND, Volunteer log in, Lowes Food, Amazon SMILE
- Ryan Boudreaux, Community Table Manager, email@example.com
- Jessica Holmes, Wake County Commissioner – Request is out…
- Student Led Parent Education: Capturing Children’s Hearts (Morgan Fulbright firstname.lastname@example.org) , PBL (Brian Phillips, email@example.com, Growth Mindset (Megan Giunco firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 5:30-6:30 Meet the Teacher
- 6:30-7:15 ARN – Possible speakers – Jonathon Wall, Elaine Marshall, Ashley Christensen, Rob Humphrey, Vince Rozier
- 7:15-8pm Breakout Sessions – Student Led Parent Education through AP Psychology Class: national opiate crisis, human trafficking, suicide, eating disorders, social media addiction (Ken Whisler email@example.com and Harry von Hoene firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 6:30-7:15 ARN – speaker??? KHSCD Teacher of the Year Speaks
- 6-6:30 and 7:15-8pm Student-led PBL Showcase (Brian Phillips email@example.com)
- Request for PTSA Parent Contact from each class.
DATES TO REMEMBER – PTSA events & meetings
- 10/2 PTSA Meeting(6pm)
- 10/2 Wake Tech CCP Info Session 6:30pm
- 10/11 PSAT
- 10/12-19 Josten Class Ring Order Week
- 10/5 JV Football Concessions vs. Wake Forest 5:30-9pm (Mona)
- 10/9 Knightdale Education Think Tank (6:30pm) No conflict with Town Hall/School Board
- 10/12 JV Football Concessions vs. Rolesville 5:30-9pm
- 10/26 JV Football Concessions vs. Corinth Holders 5:30-9pm (Mona)
- 10/30 End of Quarter 1
- 11/6 or 7? PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 11/20 Academic Recognition Night (Shannon)
- 12/5 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 12/14 Josten Class Ring/Senior Order Make Up
- 12/21 Early Release Winter Break – Return 1/2
- 1/2 PTSA meeting 6pm Media Center
- 1/19 End of Quarter 2
- 1/22 Teacher Member Appreciation – Treats on Workday
- 1/27 ACT Bootcamp – All students invited!
- 2/5 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 2/5 Academic Recognition Night
- 2/8 Junior Night 6:30pm
- 2/15 Senior Graduation Parent Meeting 6:30pm
- 2/22 Rising Freshman Curriculum Night (for current 8th graders)
- 2/24 ACT Bootcamp – All students invited!
- 3/6 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center/Community Think Tank (6:30pm)
- 3/15 Senior Graduation Parent Meeting 9:30am
- 3/28 End of Quarter 3
- 3/29 Spring Break – Return 4/9
- 4/10 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 4/18 Senior Graduation Parent Meeting 9:30 am
- 4/19 Cap and Gown Delivery
- 4/23 Academic Recognition Night
- 5/7-18 AP Exams
- 5/9 PTSA Meeting 6pm Media Center
- 5/8-12 Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/15 Make Up Cap and Gown Delivery
- 5/17 Senior Awards 6:30pm
- 5/25 Senior Spring Fling
- 6/8 Last Day of School
- 6/13 PTSA Meeting 6pm Starbucks – Close the year and set new officers!