Dr. Argent – KHSCD Principal’s Welcome
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – Lao Tzu.
I love this quote because it always reminds of the freshness of a new start; that regardless of the previous work , a new day and a new year signify a new journey. Our staff will take that first step this Thursday as we begin to prepare for the 2018-2019 school year. We have lots in store for our students, from continued focus on developing relationships to increasing the rigor and innovation in our instruction. Our teachers are poised and ready to roll and we are dedicated to making this the best year yet! We truly hope you will join us and start our 2018-2019 Knights’ Journey with that first single step!
- Freshman Orientation (Friday, August 17 – 8:30-1pm) Please make sure your freshman does not miss this student-led orientation with our LINK CREW! REGISTER
- Freshman Parent Information Sessions (Friday, August 17 – 8:30-10am OR 11:30-1pm) We have designed three 30 minute sessions uniquely designed to support freshman parents.
- Transportation Needs – LINK
- Meet the Teacher Teacher, Class Meetings, and Parent Information Sessions (Thursday, August 23 5:30-8pm) You will be able to get schedules, join the PTSA, sign up for all of our communication methods, learn about Capturing Kids Hearts and Project Based Learning, and be able to meet your teacher. LINK
Your PTSA needs you. PTSA sponsors Academic Achievement Nights, Homecoming, a Winter Social, Teacher Tailgate, Teacher Appreciation in Winter and Spring, support for Test Preps, membership on School Improvement Team, and supports our Student Services and its Care Depot.
- Become a PTSA Member. At events 8/17, 8/24 or on-line LINK.
- Donate $100-$500 a tax deductible gift to our PTSA and become Knightat the Roundtable. LINK
Parents of Athletes join Boosters 8/17 and 8/24 parent sessions. Student booster pass $50, Adult pass $100, Family Passes for 4 $199 – each additional family pass $20. Most of our athletic programs are paid through concessions at football and basketball. It is a great way to support KHSCD athletics and get to know other parents. VOLUNTEER FOR CONCESSIONS LINK. Week of 8/10/2018 in KHSCD SPORTS.
Best way to get communication from KHSCD. Join your class REMIND!
Huntington Learning Center – Friday August 17th – Knights Camp – have a table with information in “9th Grade 101” for people to inquire/Thursday August 23rd – Open House – have a table for parents to ask about tutoring and exam prep David Scattone ScattoneD@hlcmail.com