Dear Parents, Students, and Faculty,
October is magical! The weather cools, our alumni come back for Homecoming, and our seniors are applying for colleges! Please know the magic needs you, and we have important volunteer and donation needs below. Also we have key dates to support your child’s academics.
Our next PTSA meeting is Monday, October 1 at 6pm. – Agenda
Special thanks to Dr. Poirier and The Eye Institute for sponsoring Krispy Kreme doughnuts for our seniors on the first day of school!
HOMECOMING VOLUNTEERS & DONATIONS NEEDED:
- 5pm Teacher & Alumni Tailgate Party – Volunteers & food needed. SIGN UP
- 6pm Football Concessions Volunteers (2 hour shifts) SIGN UP
- 9:30pm Homecoming Dance Volunteers & food. SIGN UP
- PTSA needs financial support for events. If you can please join the Knights of the Roundtable by simply donating a tax deductible donation of $100 or more.
DR. ARGENT’S CORNER:
“I think we are all ready to turn the calendar to a crispy fall evening! I know it will be nice to go home after a football game and not be dripping in sweat. With that being said, I am excited about the future of fall because of the past. Please take time to affirm your children and teachers for an amazing start to the year. We are breaking previous data points left and right in all areas, from discipline to academic. It is truly a great time to be a Knight! With that being said, please be on the look out for interim reports in the the coming weeks. We are emphasizing communication with parents and want to make sure there are no surprises. Our students are flourishing, but when they hit a road bump, we want to make sure we are partnering with you to help get them back on track. Thanks and I hope the fall brings as many celebrations as the last month!” Dr. Jim Argent, Principal
FRESHMAN, SOPHOMORE, & JUNIOR parents don’t miss your class meeting and the Wake Tech Career & College Promise info meeting. Dr. Argent is working diligently to build a partnership with Wake Tech. This will include classes offered at KHSCD, at satellite sites in Knightdale, and a bus to Wake Tech. In order to align with Wake Tech this partnership will require calendar changes. Dr. Argent has WCPSS Board support, but he needs strong parent and community support to move forward with this innovative collaboration.
SENIOR PARENTS a few big highlights for you! DO NOT miss the College Foundation of North Carolina workshop. It is a polished and powerful presentation that will prepare you for the many, many aspects of applying for and financing college. Application Week is October 15-19!
SUPPORT YOUR CHILD’S ACADEMICS!
- Oct. 1 PTSA Meeting (6pm) Contact
- Oct. 2- Wake Tech Career & College Promise Info Session- 6-8pm More Info
- Oct 4 – CFNC & Financial Aid Counselor Workshop Contact
- Oct. 9- Senior Interviews End
- Oct 9 – Sophomore Parent Night (6-8pm) Contact
- Oct. 10- PSAT (7:30am -12:30pm) All 100 slots are full. More Info
- Oct. 10- ACT Bootcamp (Juniors) Contacts
- Oct. 10 – Freshman Parent Advisory (6-7pm) Contact
- Oct. 11- Josten’s Class meetings
- Oct 12 – HOMECOMING! Help us invite alumni to come back!
- Oct. 15-19- College Application Week
- October 17 – National Honor Society Inductions – Juniors and Seniors (6:30-8:30pm) Contact
- October 30 – Junior Knight (6-8pm)
- October 30 – WCPSS End of Quarter 1
- October 31 – Weather Make Up Day, School is on!
- November 5 – PTSA Meeting 6pm
- November 14 – All sophomores will take the Pre ACT for FREE at school.
- November 19 – Digital Portfolios/Academic Recognition Night 5:30-7pm
Become a PTSA Member – LINK
PTSA Notes – September 2018
One thought on “October is COLLEGE KNOWLEDGE Month”
I possibly may not be able to attend the Junior Knight but my daughter is already part of CCP and I fully support a partnership with Wake Tech. Please let me know how else I can help with this.