ACADEMIC RECOGNITION NIGHT – (Monday, 11/19- More Info ) Join us in celebrating our children doing their best! This evening will include our keynote speaker, Judge Vince Rozier, recognizing our honor roll students, “KNIGHT AWARDS,” and door prizes. ALL are invited, we ask that the attendees bring donations for our Care Depot.
- 5:30pm Digital Portfolio (If your child has one.)
- 6pm Honor Roll students please check in so that your name is called.
- 6:30pm Our program begins.
- Please donate a Care Depot item Monday night or order through Amazon to deliver to the high school. Items – toilet paper, dish detergent, laundry, colored pencils, scissors.
KHSCD Giving Tree Drive -This 4th annual event brings joy to KHSCD students in need. Staff, KHSCD parents, and community members are encouraged to come to KHSCD to take an ornament off our tree which represents a KHSCD student’s “3 wants and 1 need.” Last year, we had 47 students. The programs brings joy to the student and some financial relief to their parent/guardian during the winter holiday season. The event will be advertised soon so that people know when to come in to pick their child Parent volunteers to assist with the program logistics would be much appreciated in ensuring it’s a success! Sign Up
Learn more about AP CLASSES! On Thursday Nov. 29th there will be an AP Info kNight for current and future/interested AP students to discuss our AP program including course offerings, benefits of AP, AP Capstone, and AP exam registration info.
CALENDAR CHANGE for 2019-2020 is being brought to the board. MORE INFO 95% of the faculty is in support, and 90% of surveyed parents support the change. (Only 130 parents participated in the survey.) One of the key facts that support this change is for our students to get rich career paths through Wake Tech. Research indicates that if a student is working on a career path by the time he/she is 16 they have 10x the earning power in their lifetime. This does not mean they can not change paths. The research indicates that the intention of having a path will drive success.
KHSCD SECURITY – Recent events (at other schools) led to an outstanding conversation about the parents role if there is an intruder at KHSCD. It became clear to us that in some of these horrific situations parents can put their child in danger by calling their child. They can distract law enforcement by descending on the scene. If KHSCD has an intruder what should parents do? See our notes from our discussion. Our next PTSA meeting will be a FORUM ON KHSCD SAFETY – Monday, December 3 – 6-7pm.
Support your PTSA by giving a tax deductible donation to the PTSA. LINK Also, please link register AmazonSMILE, Lowes, Harris Teeter, and Target cards to KHSCD! We need your talent, time, and treasure. More Info on how to help PTSA.
- 11/17 Marching Nights in the Raleigh Christmas Parade 9:20am
- 11/17 Fall Dance Showcase 6:30pm
- 11/20 Early Release
- 11/27 Freshman Student Conferences (4:30-6pm) & Freshman Parent Advisory (6pm)
- 11/29 AP Info Night 6pm
- 11/30 Jazz Band @ Kdale Tree Lighting 6pm
- 12/1 Marching Knights at Kdale Christmas Parade at 2pm
- 12/3 PTSA Meeting and Security Forum 6pm