“For a community to be whole and healthy, it must be based on people’s love and concern for each other.” – Millard Fuller, Founder of Habitat for Humanity
I recently learned of a Raleigh teacher taking a year to work in Hong Kong. She is now quarantined near her school for the next 30 days. When natural disaster strikes we are only as good as our relationships within our villages or small towns. I am comforted knowing it is the little things we do in our PTA’s, for our children’s athletic teams, through our churches, scouts, dance, and neighborhoods that define us. It is in the here and now that we, the parents, prepare our children and our community for these future tests. – Shannon Hardy, KHSCD PTSA President
- LOVE OUR LIBRARY! SIGN UP .This February’s PTA project is to develop a book drive for 50 of the most inspiring teen books read by Knightdale’s parents, teachers, and community leaders. Characters in books act as windows into perspectives we can only imagine, and mirrors for us to see ourselves as heroes and heroines. What was that book that most inspired you? Which book challenged your character, rocked your core, and helped bring you into our adulthood? We are inviting 50 parents and community leaders to donate these life changing books to Knightdale High’s library. It as simple as ordering online, writing a note on the gift receipt, and shipping to the school. (100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale, 27545). You can also write a note into your personal, gently used copy and send in. Ms. Kristel Behrend, our media specialist, will then gift our books directly to students in need of inspiration, or use the books in our library circulation. Please SIGN UP just so we know how many books are coming in. If you don’t have a book, but want to support the library she welcomes gift cards to Target, Quail Ridge, Barnes and Noble, or Amazon! Questions about donating to our library, please reach out to Ms. Kristel Behrend firstname.lastname@example.org
- CARE DEPOT – Monthly donations of shampoo, lotion, laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, hand soap, deodorant, and toothpaste are always in need. You can drop donations to the high school or ship directly. Contact Person: Jessika Sellas-Rodriguez, Counselor email@example.com; 919-217-5350 ext. 25134 More Info
THANK YOU – all for all that you have done to support Knightdale’s schools in the here and now. Special thanks to …
- Judy Boone, PTA parents, and Judy’s church for organizing the January 6 Faculty Breakfast.
- Ms. Erica Clarkson from Student Services for coordinating with PTSA a breakfast for 50 students that met their mid-year graduation goals!
- Mr. Richardson for taking time out two weeks ago and giving us a status report on Knightdale High’s progress. He shared a number of tools that might be helpful to parents.
- February (Monday) 6th, 6:30pm – PTSA Meeting (Media Center)
- Februar 7th, 4th Period – Honor Roll Celebration for Q2 will be in 4th period.
- February 8th, 4pm – #CAP – Kickoff event for the Chi Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated is accepting students to sign up for our #CAP Program. #CAP is open to all juniors and seniors and it is our signature program for the year. Students can expect support while they plan, apply and prepare for college. #CAP program events include SAT/ACT Prep Workshops, College Application Assistance, Financial Aid Workshops, College Campus Tours and more! CAP@CHIRHOOMEGA-AKA.COM.
- Feb. 14 – Faculty Breakfast – Glenda Brooks and her church, Northside Community Church, they will be sponsoring doughnuts and coffee.
- Feb. 20-21, 7pm – “Remember the Time: A Tribute to Michael Jackson”
- Feb 25 ACT for all Juniors – Go to LINK with information and preparation suggestions. Students must have a calculator that is ACT approved.
- March 2, (Monday) 6:30pm PTSA Meeting (Media Center)
- March 5th (Thursday), 5:30-8pm, Curriculum Night – for all rising 9th-12th grade students, parents and the entire Knightdale Community to learn about registration, course information, clubs and organizations, athletic eligibility and much, much more! There will be school supply giveaways and a light dinner will be served.
- March 19th, 4:30-7:30pm – Raleigh National College Fair LINK
- May – Teacher Appreciation Week & Senior Awards
- Last Day of School May 22